20 November 2013

Kiko 356 (Melon) Nail Polish Swatch & Review

I remember back in 2009 when all I could think about was "Man, I wish I could find some orange polish". I ended up finding one in Sephora, a Bourjois 1 Seconde (in Pamplemousse), a sheer orange based glitter, but it wasn't enough. I finally find an orange creme in Claire's, and those are the only two orange polishes I owned until Melon came along. I was really excited about this one, but when I started applying it, I was a bit disappointed. It was very streaky, and it took 3 coats (the last one being a thick coat) to hide the streaks and bald spots from the first two coats. Ugh


Unlike the other Kiko lacquers, this one had big chips the next day, and as it peeled off my nails, I noticed that it had stained my nails. Now, I mentionned the fact that I don't wear a base coat, and that's because in all my years of polishing, I'd never felt the need to apply one. This was the first time my nails were stained. So Melon disappointed me. I am keeping it, but I will only try it again once I have a base coat (2 months later, my nails are still a bit stained). As for drying time, it took a little longer than other Kiko lacquers, probably because of the thick coat.

What about you, have you ever been disappointed by a nail polish you were really excited about ?

No comments:

Post a Comment