04 April 2014

NOTD : agnès b. mini b. in b. Rose Libellule

In an attempt to forget about HIMYM's horrible finale (well, at least those last 5 minutes or so) I thought today I'd show what I had on my nails last week.

Before I buy any more nail polish, I want to finish the ones I've had for years. It's hard, because there  are a lot of colors or finishes I'm just not a fan of anymore. I've only managed to part with two or three polishes that were past their prime (they were too thick and... stringy. You know, when you take the brush and there's a string of polish forming between the brush and the bottle ? Yikes.)

The one I'm wearing in the picture I've had for... at least 7 years ? I'm positive I had it in 2007, because I clearly remember picking at my polished nails in German class, in what would be 9th grade in the US. Oh how boring German was...

It's a polish from agnès b. bought from the CCB. It's a mini b. in b. Rose Libellule. Isn't the name just... ugh ? Back then I thought it was a bargain (it could have been 5€ or something) but now that I've tried better quality polishes for a lot less money and more quantity (this one's only 7 ml, half of a China Glaze polish), well, I'd say it's an expensive polish. Although I've seen worse. Nowadays this line is only 3,95€ (link here) but I still wouldn't repurchase.


Anyway, b. Rose Libellule is a sheer (those are 3 coats and bad cuticles, sorry) pearly white that shifts to purple. I tried to get the shift in the picture but I don't think you can really see it on my nails. I've apparently worn it a lot (bottle's half empty, which is a record for me), but I'm just not a fan anymore. I stay away from sheer polishes now, because I hate seeing my irregular nail lines #firstworldproblems. It was a cool polish back in 2006/2007, and it has held up pretty nicely (it's not thick or goopy) and it applied perfectly, but... it's an old polish. Rose Libellule, you remind me of German class and well... those aren't my best memories.

Do you have any polish that reminds you of a special time ? Are you trying to go through your stash before buying any more polish ? Do share !

No comments:

Post a Comment