03 March 2015

E.L.F. Nail Polish in Gold Star Swatch & Review

I feel like if I had to have only ONE kind of glitter polish, it'd be a gold one. Gold glitter goes with everything. Especially red. I just love those two colors together.

For years now I've been wearing Maybelline Colorama's Honey Cristals around Christmas and New Year's, which means the polish is slowly running out. I decided to find a new gold glitter, and since I had to place an order on Eyes Lips Face, I thought I'd try one of their polishes. I got Gold Star, which is a mix of gold hexagonal and small glitter.


I wore 2 coats of Gold Star on top of Kiko's Martha Red. Application was... well, it wasn't as easy as I thought it'd be. The clear base is thick, and the brush doesn't get a lot of glitter out of the bottle, so you really have to place and move the glitter around. The polish (which has a strong smell, almost like glue) took a long time to dry... and it didn't held up long on my nails (I got my first chip a day after applying).

All in all, I loved the look of Gold Star, and for 2€50, it's fine, but if you're looking for the perfect gold glitter, I don't think Gold Star is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment